- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Biologist position
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
The Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology at the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Jacek Jaworski is looking for a biologist interested in neurobiology and electrophysiology and motivated to develop a career in an interdisciplinary and international team. As a biologist, technician you will be involved in performing tissue culture, electrophysiological recordings and results analyses.
We are hosted by IIMCB (http://www.iimcb.gov.pl), the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institute in biology, with cutting-edge equipment and facilities, in particular for bioinformatics, experimental molecular and structural biology.
1. Master degree in biology, biotechnology, neurobiology or related discipline (required)
2. Previous laboratory experience (required)
3. Practical experience with electrophysiological recordings from brain tissue or cells (required)
4. Have very good written and oral communication in English
5. Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary enviroment
6. Enjoy scientifically supporting and actively interacting with other members of the lab
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Full employment contract for 12 months
• Gross salary 5000 PLN/month
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Opportunities to apply for additional funding
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
• Possibility of contract extenssion or enrolment to PhD school after its complition
Deadline for applications is October 7th, 2018. Job starting date is November 1st, 2018.
Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
All Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence