- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Postdoctoral position
Laboratory of Protein Metabolism in Development and Aging
Laboratory of Protein Metabolism in Development and Aging at the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Wojciech Pokrzywa, is seeking productive and highly motivated Postdoc to join a project that will address how the ubiquitin-proteasome system modulates the methionine metabolism, methylation potential of the cell and epigenetic memory using C. elegans as an animal model. In addition, the proposed research will have broad implications for the understanding of methionine metabolism regulation in health and disease, and proteostasis mechanisms in general. The project "The regulation of methionine metabolism by the ubiquitin-proteasome system” is carried out as the FIRST TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates interested in a long-term collaboration, possibly in the role of a senior scientist. The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
We are hosted by IIMCB (http://iimcb.gov.pl), the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institute in biology, with cutting-edge equipment and facilities, in particular for bioinformatics, experimental molecular and structural biology.
As a Postdoc: You will be responsible for planning and conducting molecular biology experiments, and experiments with cell cultures and laboratory animals (C. elegans). You will be involved in data analysis and manuscript preparation. You will also assist in coordinating daily activities and supervising of the PhD students.
• Hold a doctoral degree/Ph.D for no longer than 5 years (received no later than in January 2013)
• Have strong expertise in background in ubiquitin biology, metabolism or epigenetics with past experience.
• Experience with molecular and cell biology methods
• Experience with C. elegans is in plus
• Ability to plan and execute research program
• Strong motivation for basic scientific research
• Experience with manuscript preparation
• Have very good written and oral communication skills in English
• Have very good presentation skills
• Full employment contract for 36 months
• Net salary:
- 1st year – 7000 PLN
- 2nd year – 7500 PLN
- 3rd year – 8000 PLN
• Position with 100% focus on research, no teaching obligations
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is November 8th, 2018. Job starting date is December 1st, 2018.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "FirstTeam_Pokrzywa" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
• The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.