- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Technician position
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
Laboratory of Molecular and Cell Neurobiology seeks 1 Technician (part-time position ½) to study molecular mechanism of dendritic arbor stability and its relation to mood disorders. The fellowship is funded in frame of Foundation for Polish Science TEAM grant entitled “Molecular mechanism of dendritic arbor stability and its relation to mood disorders” (Project nr POIR.04.04.00-00-5CBE/17-00).
Neurons receive information from other cells and their morphology remains intact for 80% of neuron's lifetime. Little is known about molecular mechanisms underlying dendrite stability. The first objective of the proposed research is to identify RNAs and proteins underlying mature dendritic arbors' stability. Because dendritic arbors destabilize in mood disorders the second objective of this proposal is to identify chemicals or drugable targets which support dendrite stability under stress conditions. In order to reach these aims combination of molecular biology, cell biology, high-throughput screening and behavioral studies will be used.
Research of the Laboratory of Molecular and Cell Neurobiology focuses on molecular aspects of development and stability of neuron morphology. We are especially interested in role of mTOR and GSK3 kinases. More info can be found at IIMCB Annual Reports (https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/annual-reports).
• MSc degree in biology, biotechnology or related area of science,
• High motivation, analytical skills and independent thinking
• Have very good written and oral communication skills in English
• At least 4 years of experimental experience in culturing cell lines and primary neurons, molecular cloning, lentiviral vector preparation and image analysis is also needed.
• Employment contract for 36 months
• Monthly brutto remuneration approximately 3 500 PLN
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
Deadline for applications is November 23rd, 2018. Job starting date is December 1st, 2018.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "Team_Jaworski" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter.
• Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
• The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
We would like to inform that the competition for technician position in the project entitled „Molecular mechanism of dendritic arbor stability and its relation to mood disorders” has been resolved , the selected candidate is Marcelina Firkowska.