- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Postdoc position
Laboratory of Iron Homeostasis
Laboratory of Iron Homeostasis at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Dr. Katarzyna Mleczko - Sanecka, is looking for Postdoctoral Fellow.
You will join the project entitled “Deciphering novel mechanisms that control iron sensing and iron accumulation in the liver”, which is carried out as the OPUS 2018/31/B/NZ4/03676 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The project provides unique opportunity to develop cutting-edge cell-based and in vivo (mouse) methodologies to better understand still elusive mechanisms that may modify iron and manganese homeostasis. Specifically, we aim to elucidate how expression of ZIP14, a transporter responsible for uptake of these metal ions into hepatocytes, is controlled. This challenging project will involve external collaborators from Poland and abroad and is expected to have clinical implications for management of patients with iron overload disorders.
As a Postdoc: you will be responsible for performing the pooled CRISPR-Cas9 knock-out screen on the hepatoma cells, engineered to express a fluorescent protein under the control of the ZIP14 promoter. You will analyse the screening data, and further characterize most interesting hits in cellular in vitro assays (including primary hepatocytes) and in mice (with AAV viral vector-based CRISPR editing in vivo, that you will first learn during an internship in the lab of prof. Grimm in Heidelberg).
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Requirements for the candidate:
1. Holds a doctoral degree/Ph.D. in biology, biotechnology, medicine or related field at the moment of starting the job.
2. Has excellent knowledge of molecular and cell biology.
3. Has expertize or shows strong interests in iron biology, has motivation for experimental work, passion for science.
4. Gathered extensive experience in laboratory work, including basic molecular biology techniques, cell culture and mouse-based studies.
5. Prior experience with large-scale experiments and bioinformatics will be of advantage but not mandatory.
6. Has research achievements well documented by publication record and conference presentations.
7. Is fluent in spoken and written English.
8. Shows readiness to learn new skills and take challenges, has ability to work independently and think analytically.
9. Has excellent communication skills.
10. Mobility and research experience abroad will be of advantage but not mandatory.
11. Successes in applying for funding would be a plus.
• Full employment contract for 3 years
• Net salary about 5400 PLN/month*
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is July 5th, 2019. Job starting date is October 1st 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "Postdoc OPUS_LIH" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
* this amount also includes the 13th salary paid once a year after working for the institute for six months
We would like to inform that the competition for Postdoctoral Fellow in the project entitled “Deciphering novel mechanisms that control iron sensing and iron accumulation in the liver” has been resolved, the selected candidate is Sandhya.