- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Laboratory Support Specialist
Laboratory Support Specialist
Laboratory of RNA Biology
The Laboratory of RNA Biology of the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw which is now being created and will be headed by Prof. Andrzej Dziembowski is looking for a Laboratory Support Specialist.
You will join the project entitled “MOlecular Signaling in Health and Disease Interdisciplinary Centre of Excellence”, supported by the H2020 ERA Chairs 810425 grant of the European Union.
As a Laboratory Support Specialist, you will report directly to the Lab Leader and you will be responsible for the managerial and administrative duties, including but not limited to:
1. Grants management including close cooperation with the in-house Grants Office and other administrative units, filling in administrative parts of projects’ proposals, archiving administrative documents, monitoring and forecasting projects’ expenses.
2. Manage orders of all purchases in the lab such as research equipment, materials and services, according to binding internal regulations and tender procedures including market search, communication and negotiation with external suppliers, preparation and archiving required documentation.
3. Document laboratory equipment and supplies, maintain and update lab databases and cooperate with the Accounting Unit regarding the registry for lab assets.
4. Maintain financial documentation related to lab operation.
5. Carrying out scientific and research tasks agreed with the Lab Leader.
6. Cooperate with HR and other administrative units and external parties to organize various procedures such as: business travel of lab members, visits by external guests hosted by the laboratory, employment of new laboratory staff, and enrolment of new PhD and graduate students.
7. Perform administrative tasks including answering calls, taking messages, handling correspondence and cooperation with courier companies.
Requirements the candidate:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Will for a long term commitment
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Motivation and initiative
• Good communication skills, good command of English language
• Ability to work in a team and to cooperate with different units in the institute
• Experience in project management would be an asset
• Experience in scientific research and basic knowledge of biology/chemistry is valued
• Readiness to learn new skills and take challenges, has the ability to work independently and think analytically.
• Pleasant working environment in the top research institution in Poland
• Long term and stable employment
• Competitive salary
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
Deadline for applications is September 30th, 2019. Job starting date is December 1st, 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "LAP_ADZ LAB" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV and a motivation letter.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.
”Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause".
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.