- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- POSITIONS AVAILABLE - Research Tachnician
POSITIONS AVAILABLE - Research Tachnician
Laboratory of RNA Biology
The Laboratory of RNA Biology led by Profesor Andrzej Dziembowski is seeking highly motivated individuals at various scientific levels and different scientific backgrounds to join the group. We are especially looking for people experienced/interested in:
• RNA biology
• Usage of mouse and/or C. elegans as experimental models
We offer positions for postdoctoral researchers, PhD students and research technican on a competitive basis. We also have research possibilities for undergraduates (supported by stipends) to perform their master (or equivalent) studies.
The deadline for applications is March 31st, 2020. Preferred job starting date is April 1st, 2020 (or as soon as possible).
All Candidates will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
Research focus: The primary research interest of the laboratory is the regulation of gene expression at the posttranscriptional level. Currently, our research is focused on two areas:
• Analysis of the function of processive ribonucleases
• Analysis of cytoplasmic non-canonical poly(A) and poly(U) polymerases
For relevant recent publications please see: Warkocki et al (2018) Cell; Mroczek et al (2017) Nature Com; Bliska et al (2019) bioRxiv; Szczepinska et al (2015) Genome Res.; Labno et al (2016) Nucleic Acids Res.
We offer an interdisciplinary, dynamic and friendly environment. The current group is composed of molecular biologists bioinformaticians as well as researchers experienced in the usage of transgenic mouse models.
The institution: International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw www.iimcb.gov.pl is one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, which provides a stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of molecular, cellular, and structural biology. The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources. The institute is located in a large biomedical campus that offers access to equipment and various possibilities of training and collaboration. We provide opportunities for extensive interdisciplinary collaborations within the team and in the institute, as well as external and international collaborations. The working language of the institute is English.
• Full-time contract (“umowa o pracę”)
• Gross remuneration ~ 4200 – 5600 PLN/month (depending on experience)
• Appointment available from April 2020 or as soon as possible after that date
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport program
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
• Administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• MSc degree in biology, biotechnology or related area of science
• High motivation, analytical skills and independent thinking
• Very good organizational skills
• Very good command of English (written and oral communication)
• Documented extensive experience in the molecular biology lab and/or handling mice
How to apply:
• In the subject include your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain: 1) a CV, 2) a cover letter including a short description of your key achievements and explicit responses to the following questions: What are your scientific interests and how do they relate to requirements of the position offered? What are your key strengths? What
do you know about our laboratory and why do you want to work with us?, 3) contacts to at least two potential referees, including your MSc (or PhD) supervisor. At this stage, please do not attach copies of diplomas, etc.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
• Best candidate(s) may be given additional questions and tasks as a part of the recruitment process.
• The competition may be extended or repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
Research technician will be employed to carry out tasks in the project entitled: “MOlecular Signaling in Health and Disease - Interdisciplinary Centre of Excellence” MOSaIC (grant agreement no 810425) funded by ERA Chairs Horizon 2020
We would like to inform that the competition for Research Technician position has been resolved, the selected candidate is Karolina Piechna.