- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Laboratory Support Specialist
Laboratory Support Specialist
Laboratories of Protein Metabolism and Iron Homeostasis
Laboratory Support Specialist position in the Laboratories of Protein Metabolism and Iron Homeostasis
The Laboratories of Protein Metabolism and Iron Homeostasis at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw are looking for a Laboratory Support Specialist.
As a Laboratory Support Specialist, you will report directly to the Lab Leader and you will be responsible for the managerial and administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Grants management including close cooperation with the in-house Grants Office and other administrative units, filling in administrative parts of projects’ proposals, archiving administrative documents, monitoring and forecasting projects’ expenses.
- Management of orders of all purchases in the lab such as research equipment, materials
and services, according to binding internal regulations and tender procedures including market search, communication and negotiation with external suppliers, preparation and archiving required documentation.
- Keeping records of laboratory equipment and supplies, maintain and update lab databases, cooperate with the Accounting Unit regarding the registry for lab assets.
- Maintenance of financial documentation related to lab operation.
- Carrying out scientific and research tasks agreed with the Lab Leader.
- Managing procedures related to business travel of lab members, visits by external guests hosted by the laboratory, employment of new laboratory staff, and enrolment of new PhD and graduate students. Close cooperation with the HR and other administration in the above activities.
- Carrying out other administrative tasks including answering calls, taking messages, handling correspondence and cooperation with courier companies.
- Dealing with administrative matters related to experimentation on animals.
Requirements the candidate:
- Oral and written proficiency in Polish language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Will for a long-term commitment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work independently and think analytically
- Motivation and initiative
- Good communication skills, good command of English language
- Ability to work in a team and to cooperate with different units in the institute
- Experience in project management would be an asset
- Experience in scientific research and basic knowledge of biology/chemistry is valued
- Readiness to learn new skills and take challenges
- Pleasant working environment in the top research institution in Poland
- Long-term and stable employment
- Competitive salary
- Benefits including reduced rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
Deadline for applications is 15 July 2021. The job starting date is 1st of September.
How to apply:
- In the subject include "LSS_IIMCB " and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter
and details of two referees.
Please include the following statement in your Curriculum vitae: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
We would like to inform that the competition for the Laboratory Support Specialist position has been resolved, the selected candidate is Anna Grabowska.