- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Postdoctoral Researcher
Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease
Postdoctoral Researcher in Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease
The newly created Dioscuri Centre for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw headed by Prof. Gracjan Michlewski is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher you will join the Dioscuri Centre supported by the Max Planck Society, and the National Science Centre 2019/02/H/NZ1/00002. Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence provides generous funding and mentoring to establish future-oriented research with international standards of scientific quality. It is inked to an internationally recognized researcher Prof. Juri Rappsilber from Berlin Technical University.
We are currently focusing on two main topics:
- Functional and structural characteristics of novel RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) and RNA-protein interactions in innate immune response to RNA viruses. This includes elucidating cellular and antiviral roles of RNA-binding E3 ubiquitin ligase TRIM25 (Choudhury et al., BMC Biology 2017).
- Regulation of microRNAs through RBPs for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease (PD). Here we are developing novel drug discovery platform, based on RNA-Protein Interactions in Eukaryotic Cell Extracts with Confocal Nanoscanning (RP-CONA) to screen for specific compounds that suppress production of toxic proteins and alleviate PD pathology (Zhu et al., Nucleic Acids Research 2021 in print, Zhu et al., bioRxiv 2021).
That said, the Centre offers a degree of flexibility to experienced applicants to pursue their own projects as long as they are broadly aligned with the Centre’s focus.
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3fNRBN8
The Dioscuri Centre is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (https://bit.ly/3oVcB8O).
Requirements for the candidate:
- Holds PhD (or will defend before the start date of employment or in the first months of employments) in biological sciences or related fields
- Has solid knowledge and documented laboratory experience in at least two of the following disciplines: RNA biology, virology, neurobiology, epigenetics or bioinformatics
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team
- Has the ability to draft (in English) scientific papers for academic journals
- Has the ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally and in writing
- Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
- Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
- Scientific track record
- Evidence of esteem
- Suitability for the project
- Motivation letter
- Full employment contract initially for 6 months and extending to maximum of 5 years after initial period
- Gross monthly salary* between 7600 PLN and 11500 PLN (approximately 1600 – 2400 EUR/month), depending on the experience of the candidate (* Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary (after working for the institute for six months in a given calendar year) or Christmas bonus may supplement this salary)
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual private medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is June 21st, 2021. Job starting date is August 1st, 2021 or later.
How to apply:
- In the subject include "Postdoc DIOSCURI"and your first and last name
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV including a full list
of publications, a motivation letter with description of your key achievements, and contact details (e-mail and telephone number) of least two potential referees, including one
of your direct supervisor.
- Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/2QWu83X .
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence. The Programme initiated by the Max Planck Society (MPG), managed jointly with the National Science Centre in Poland and mutually funded by the Polish Ministry of Education and Science (MEiN) and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
We would like to inform you that the competition for the Postdoctoral Researcher position has not been selected. The competition will be announced again.