- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Postdoctoral fellow (NCN OPUS)
Postdoctoral fellow (NCN OPUS)
Laboratory of Neurodegeneration
Position in the project:
Number of job offers:
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Laboratory of Neurodegeneration (www.iimcb.gov.pl)
- Doctoral degree (not earlier than in January 2010) in molecular, cell or developmental biology and/or bioinformatics (with experience in the wet lab);
- Substantial research experience and publication record with at least one first author paper in international recognized journals
- Prior research experience in cell biology, fish biology or bioimaging or all of these;
- Ability to work independently but also as a part of a team;
- Interest in and knowledge of neurobiology;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Creative and independent approach, motivation to work in research, analytical thinking.
- Experience in calcium imaging and protein biochemistry will be a plus.
Description of tasks:
- Analysis of calcium homeostasis in zebrafish and the role of Stim protein (using in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry, imaging of calcium signaling in vivo in the brain of 5-day-old zebrafish and in primary neuronal cultures from zebrafish)
- Identification of Stim-dependent calcium channels by immunoprecipitation and subsequent mass spectrometry, co-localization of selected Stim targets on fixed primary cell cultures from zebrafish larvae and/or whole-mount zebrafish larvae.
- Analysis of behavior of Stim-/- lines.
24th of September 2017.
full-time position, contract of employment, ca. 7083 PLN gross/month for 3 years
How to apply:
Please include in your application the following statement: “In accordance with the personal data protection act from the 29th of August 1997, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data by the Institution for recruitment purposes”.